Re: Wastebasket woes

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 14:21 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I believe we already had that discussion, and "rubbish" is far to
> colloquial for my liking anyway.

Exactly how can rubbish be far too colloquial? Rubbish *is* the usually
used written term in English _as well as_ the usual spoken term. The
terms, recycling bin, wastebasket and trash are scarcely if ever used in
English.

Furthermore it is not marked in any of my dictionaries as "colloq" and
is in common usage in literature.

BR,

Just for clarification a colloquial term is one used in speech but not
in writing, e.g. "y'all"