Re: gettrans script

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:35:57 -0000, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
On 12/12/2007, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
It seems it's broken now, as it screenscrapes damned lies. Could you fix
it? When you've fixed it, I'd like to include it in gnome-i18n SVN, as
it could be helpful to other locales as well.
I think a really neat way to fix it would be to modify damned-lies so
it could serve up stats in json. Maybe I'll take a look later...

Yep; I thought about updating it when damned-lies went in, especially as damned-lies has an xml feed which would make it a wee bit faster to use. But, I never got round to it... (and I'd taken down my development box for a few months whilst decorating the room).

I personally would rather damned-lies would do the job for us; but due to the way it works (generating the page statically and not dynamically creating one for each request), means that the oft requested ability to sort translations by number to do is still wanting...

I may have a look at it again if I have any free time. Or if anybody has a request for it.

For those who've never seen gettrans; the script basically displayed a list of what modules needed some translation work.

dave