Re: GNOME-UK Website

Glenn J.Mason wrote:
That'd be great! I'm not quite sure where it can be hosted where you or
anyone else can have access. I can tar up the current site, but I would be
happy for you or someone else to design a completely new one (as long as
it's an improvement of course!).

Well, tar it up and send it to me and I'll have a play and get familiar with the structure at home.  Is it currently hosted on a gnome.org server somewhere?
I've put an archive on-line here: <http://www.uk.gnome.org/gnome-uk-2005-09-10.tar.bz2>. It only requires PHP to get going (no MySQL or anything).

It's currently hosted on muse.19inch.net, so I don't think it would be possible to get public access so people can updated it. It would probably make sense to host it on the gnome.org web server, but I know from experience they are quite cagey about technologies and access (and rightly so). However, they do have both PHP and MySQL available, and as Andrew was saying, you won't know until you ask!

-Thomas