Re: Ubuntu en_GB translation team

On 14 Sep 2006, at 16:19, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

Take for example the debate over what to name the 'Trash'. We settled on Deleted Items for a number of reasons, which are chronicled on our mailing list[2]. To summarise, 'Wastebasket', 'Wastebin' and especially 'Trash' sound
foreign to many English speakers, so we sought an alternative.

I don't doubt this, and I fully support your efforts... but just out of interest, what do those users call the thing on the floor that they toss their rubbish into? I can't think of that many different names for it, and they're all similar enough that it's hard to envisage much genuine confusion (especially as, on the GNOME desktop at least, we nearly always show a picture of the recepticle we're talking about as well).

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team