Re: GUADEC 2k7

On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 19:48 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Matthew Walton wrote:
> >> Excellent!
> >>
> >> I had heard a rumour that was what was happening, but didn't want to
> >> tempt fate. I hope Lyon try again; they sounded like they had a good bid
> >> too.
> >
> > Woo! I shall have to see what I can do to help out.
>
> Speaking of which, please could anyone who went this year take a few
> moments to note down a few things you thought where really good, and a
> few things that need to be improved, and let us all know.

For me this is what could have been better:

- Distance from GUADEC to the villa needed to be closer.
- Air conditioning in the hall would have been nice, since I can't think
straight in that heat (this might not be a problem in Birmingham) :)
- More tables and chairs.
- More power at the tables and chairs.
- Better food options for vegetarians.
- Don't use a big tent with fans that make it difficult for speakers to
be heard :)
- Perhaps confirm the talk schedule with all speakers before setting it.
It seemed like some people that had really interesting talks that were
in small over crowded rooms sometimes. Also, some talks were scheduled
for the warm up days which I personally think should have been in the
core days.
- If we are going to party as much as we did this year, perhaps start
proceedings later in the day to allow for people to get up in time (and
maybe don't put on so many talks in one day).

This is all I can think of for the moment :)

This years GUADEC r0cked by-the-way :D

--
Regards,
Martyn