Re: GUADEC 2k7

On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 19:48 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Speaking of which, please could anyone who went this year take a few
> moments to note down a few things you thought where really good, and a
> few things that need to be improved, and let us all know.

We should also watch the blogs - a fair few people are saying what they
thought was good and what was bad.

Miguel's comments about sponsoring developers getting to guadec and
being hosted there are worth investigating; it's said the Foundation
spent a lot of money on that this year, but it would be interesting to
see if there's any room for improvement.

One issue that is probably still going to be here next year is that
although Birmingham is not terribly expensive relative to other places
in the UK (if you go to the right places ;), the exchange rate is
horrible for many visitors. Ensuring the basics are affordable will
probably be an issue for people from many countries, and is something we
can probably solve with intelligent buying or choice of suppliers.

Cheers,

Alex.