Re: GUADEC 2007 in the UK?

Thomas Wood wrote:

Bastien Nocera wrote:

Hey Thomas,

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 12:57 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:

To every GNOME user and developer in the UK,

We already discussed this a couple of years ago with Telsa, and the
bottom line was: don't do it around London (ie. not in the South East).

The prices would be far too high for a majority of people. I think that
a venue with decent international links would be best, somewhere like
Birmingham, Manchester or even Liverpool would decent, in terms of price
and travel.

Just need to find people on the field to organise it ;)

I think you've summed up most people's feelings here, which is why I chose your e-mail to reply to :-) It's great to see that people are interested, so the next questions are:

* Who is definitely willing to help organise it?

So, before anyone can answer that, I think we need to know:

* Does the geographical location of this group matter? Do they need to be in the same place or can they organise remotely? * What do the people need to be able to do? Is it just normal organisational skills, or is something special required?
* How much time is this going to take up?
* etc.

I've Cced gman just to irritate him :-) Actually, I remember he did a huge role in organising GUADEC Dublin and can probably help us answer the above.

--
Andrew