Re: GUADEC 2007 in the UK?

Thomas Wood wrote:

To every GNOME user and developer in the UK,

Around February time, the foundation will put out the call for hosts for
GUADEC 2007. The purpose of this e-mail is to gauge the amount of interest
in hosting this event somewhere in the UK.

GUADEC is the GNOME User and Developer European Conference, which brings
together developers, GNOME Foundation leaders, individuals, businesses and
governments, as well as Free Software and Open Source software users. The
conference is a unique forum that highlights the capabilities and
direction of GNOME - the user environment for desktop computers, networked
servers and portable Internet devices.

*** If you would be interested in GUADEC being held in the UK in 2007
please respond to this e-mail! ***
I'd be interested in helping as far as I could. Matthew Garrett and I chatted a while ago about how cool is would be to host it in Cambridge, but came to the conclusion the facilities/accommodation was not large enough to cope (due to the decentralised nature of the city). Further north is much more feasible.

--
Andrew