From: Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com>
Date: 2010/9/16
Subject: [gnome-women] Outreach Program for Women internships
To: gnome-women-list <gnome-women-list gnome org>

Hi all!

We have opened the application process for the first round of internships for women sponsored by the GNOME Foundation. The dates for these internships are December 15, 2010 to March 15, 2011. These internship dates are aimed at the college women in the Southern Hemisphere who will have a school summer break during this time. However, any woman who has relevant experience and is available for a full-time internship is welcome to apply.

The application deadline is October 25, 2010. As part of the application process, we are asking women to take the time to learn about the participating projects and make a contribution to the one they are interested in. These projects include ones in programming, graphic design, documentation, and marketing.

All the program details are here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2010

We also have an awesome flyer for the program that was designed by Máirín Duffy:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2010?action="">

Please consider applying for the internship, signing up as a mentor, or helping us spread the word! It would be particularly great if those of you who are in the Southern Hemisphere can send the information about the program to the universities and organizations, post the flyer on the university campuses or hand it out at conferences, and encourage anyone who'd be a good candidate to apply!

All the materials for helping us spread the word are here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2010/SpreadTheWord

Thank you!
Marina