Re: GNOME 3.0 official logo and banners

On 11/15/2010 05:38 PM, Juanjo Marín wrote:

--- El *lun, 15/11/10, Pockey Lam /<pockeylam gnome org>/* escribió:

    De: Pockey Lam <pockeylam gnome org>
    Asunto: Re: GNOME 3.0 official logo and banners
    Para: marketing-list gnome org
    Fecha: lunes, 15 de noviembre, 2010 10:11

    On 11/15/2010 04:45 PM, Juanjo Marín wrote:
    There are some requests in
    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/ but they are maked as
    "open".

    There are some suggestions for this material though,
    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo
    but it isn't definitive at all.

    Thanks for pointing out those useful info to me!

    There are indeed a lot of good ideas already. To match with GNOME
    3.0, I like Campaign #1
    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeThreeBrainstorming/MarketingCampaign1
    (Campaign: Fundamentally Different)

    and this logo
    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=Gnome3Logo.png
    <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=Gnome3Logo.png>

    I guess the marketing team should approach the art team for get
    this done :)
    We can discuss a little bit about the message we want on this
    banners. What the team think ?

    As we have been starting to talk to different communities all over
    the world to promote GNOME 3.0 and ask them to host a launch party
    locally, yeah, let's discuss now so we can give them logos and
    banners to post at their websites and link back to our gnome 3.0 page.

    Besides, I searched facebook page and there is no gnome 3.0 group
    yet but found a 1 member group named I hate GNOME 3.0 we need a new
    desktop environment for linux , so I just started one:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141747095876340&ap=1
    <http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141747095876340&ap=1>

    (I am not really a fans of facebook but we cannot ignore social
    network power for marketing...)

I wonder if makes sense to create some banners with screenshots of
gnome-shell. Ubuntu has this kind of banners for Unity.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=7235424%40N02&q=unity+banners&m=text

We should start the competition at marketing level ;)

Well I guess we should start asking people to put banners to their blogs and present at their local Linux User Groups. GNOME Shell is pretty stable at the moment (well my experience, ymmv). Having people starting to explain the differences, showcase and explain how to install from git all over the world right now would be nice and helpful to start building critical mass for release date and target a less geeky audience.
Fred

Cheers,

-- Juanjo Marin

PS: I CC this message to the art team list