Re: Bleeding Edge Murrine theme

El mié, 16-06-2010 a las 10:20 -0300, Sylvia Sánchez escribió:
> There's been great stuff going on with Murrine. Can anyone make a nice
> and clean gtkrc (like perfectska04 's Shiki-Colors) that will showcase
> all the new engine options? That will be a nice foundation for new
> bleeding edge themes.

I have read some code, and I think, of all the following as a good
explanation:

gtk-can-change-accels = 1
gtk-menu-drop-shadow = 1
gtk-menu-shadow-delay = 100

style "default"
{
GtkButton::default_border = {0, 0, 0, 0}
GtkButton::default_outside_border = {0, 0, 0, 0} # a border around the
close button
GtkButton::default_spacing = 10
GtkButton::focus-line-width = 1
GtkButton::focus-padding = 0
GtkCheckButton::indicator_size = 15 #size of the indicator for the roll
over
GtkMenuBar::shadow_type = out
GtkMenuItem::selected_shadow_type = out
GtkPaned::handle_full_size = 1
GtkPaned::handle_size = 8 # this is for the movable divider in Thunar
between the folders of the leftside and rightside
GtkRadioButton::indicator_size = 15 #size of the indicator for the roll
over
GtkRange::slider_width = 15
GtkRange::stepper_size = 15
GtkRange::stepper_spacing = 0
GtkRange::trough_border = 0
GtkScrollbar::min_slider_length = 37 # smallest size of scroll bar
slider to match size of buttons (4 X 4), it looks good in User inter
Pref.
GtkToolbar::shadow_type = out # I changed this from none to out to fix
the way it looks in certain apps. There are other ways to draw the
shadows with "etched-in" and other ways. Just read other xfce gtkrc
files to learn.
GtkWidget::focus-line-width = 1
GtkWidget::focus_padding = 2
GtkWidget::interior_focus = 5
GtkWidget::internal_padding = 0

xthickness = 0 # I changed this from 2 to 0 to make the dividing lines
between icons disappear, it makes my Orage calendar look better.
ythickness = 0 # I changed this from 2 to 0 to make the dividing lines
between tool bars disappear.

fg[NORMAL] = This is the font color in the menu bars in FF and xubuntu,
and also the color of the app in the pager that is open on a different
Desktop.
fg[ACTIVE] = This is the font color of a unopened tab and of the text
for a roll-over check box before it is rolled over. Example: like the
font for the check boxes for- "Use hinting :" in User Interface Pref
fg[PRELIGHT] = Selected (roll over) font color of check boxes like- "Use
hinting :"
fg[SELECTED] = The opened app color in the pager for the Desktop you are
on.
fg[INSENSITIVE] = This is for the color of the font that can't be
clicked (usually lighter) that is in drop down menus, also the Firefox
right click menu for the "Back" and "Forward" options for when you can't
the search bar before you type anything. Also the arrows of the scroll
bars.

bg[NORMAL] = This is the overall color of the Browser for Firefox,
xubuntu/ubuntu, Thunderbird, and all apps. It creates the color that is
used for my gradient browser themes. It is also all of the buttons,
scroll bar handles, panel handle, Drop down menus (before you roll over
them with the mouse tool tip).
bg[ACTIVE] = Scroll bar gradient background color, unopened Tab
background color.
bg[PRELIGHT] = The color of a loading process bar (Firefox tabs), or the
downloading process bar as seen in Firefox Downloading Manager , or apps
check boxes like- "Use hinting" in the User Inter Prefs. And the color
of the scroll bar slider when you press it- (basically where the you
move a scroll bar at).
bg[SELECTED] = End Session border color for the End Session dialog box.
Also the filler color of an open app on top of another app in the
Desktop you have open in the pager.
bg[INSENSITIVE] = Toggle buttons that can't be clicked, regular Menu
arrow backgrounds, nonactive check box outlines and nonactive radio
button outlines

text[NORMAL] = Font color used for Mousepad, Firefox (web pages unless
you un-check you "Use System Colors" in Firefox
Preferences-->--Content-->--Colors), Url font, Thunar font (not
selected), xubuntu menus (not selected). Checks for check boxes, radio
dots too. Combobox, ComboBoxEntry, GtkCombo, GtkEntry, and numbers in
numberbox.
text[ACTIVE] = The font color in the left side of the Thunar File
System- Home, Trash, Desktop, File System, when you are in a different
folder like /usr. (mess around with it and you will see)
text[PRELIGHT] = Radio/Checks and ComboBox font colors. ComboBox is
important to match.
text[SELECTED] = Highlighted font color in web pages and mousepad.
Selected font color in the Thunar file system, and xubuntu menus like
User interface.
text[INSENSITIVE] = nonactive font in un-clickable Combos and GtkCombos.
un-clickable radio/checks.

base[NORMAL] = Mousepad background color, Thunar files use this for the
background strips on the right side and the background color on the left
side, Firefox URL/Search bar backgrounds, ComboBoxEntry bg, GtkEntry bg,
GtkCombo bg, Checkbox RadioButton backgrounds, Header and menu bg color
for User Interface Preferences.
base[ACTIVE] = The bg color for the last folder opened (not selected and
current) folder of Thunar or User Interface Pref. If you have Thunar
open to File system-->--usr or "/usr", the File system folder (on the
left, and any other folder in a different app like User Interface
Pref.), will have this bg color while you are in the currently
opened /usr folder.
base[PRELIGHT] = Background color for radio boxes and check boxes when
rolled over (selected).
base[SELECTED] = The bg color for the open (selected and current) folder
of Thunar User Inter Pref, Also the background color of Highlighted
text, and the coloring of the Frame divider, and the strip in the scroll
bar slider, basically the part you click onto when moving the scroll
bar.
base[INSENSITIVE] = ComboBoxEntry bg (Disabled), GtkEntry bg (Disabled),
GtkCombo bg (Disabled), Checkbox (Disabled) RadioButton (Disabled)
backgrounds.

engine "xfce"
{
grip_style = slide
smooth_edge = true
boxfill # I added a boxfill here to create a gradient in my toolbar.
# I use shade_start = 0.90 to start the gradient darker at the top of
the tool bar
# I use shade_start = 1.10 to start the gradient lighter at the top of
the tool bar
# I use shade_end = 1.00 to end the gradient at a 100% fill of the
bg[NORMAL] color, this way the color blends perfectly into the app.
# NOW........if you don't want to use a Firefox userChrome.css to fix
the tab-bar...you can do it my old way of fading into the Firefox
# default gradient used....it's usually near shade_end = 0.87 and just
match the shade_start in the same way, so that it matches the shade_end
of the menu bar.

{
fill_style = gradient
orientation = auto
shade_start = 0.90
shade_end = 1.00
}
}
}
widget_class "*" style "default"

#/***** OK, I'll try to explain this, but remember, I am a beginner and
am totally self taught since I can't find any
# documentation, or "How To's" on gtkrc modification. So this might be
wrong, and if you know how to explain it
# better, please write it down so I can learn it and so others can learn
it. I will edit this, or just post a new guide.
#
# This is where the next styles start.

style "colored" = "default"
{
xthickness = 4 # Play around with this for your own preference.
ythickness = 4 # this I changed from 3 to 4 to make the Thunar Path Box
taller. Play around with this for your own preference.

bg[ACTIVE] = Active button on panel handle, selected background color
when clicking any app button, (not Firefox), ComboBox Drop down menu
arrow button bg.
bg[PRELIGHT] = Rollover background color (hover) on all buttons and drop
down menus.

fg[ACTIVE] = Font for active button, ComboBoxEntry drop down foreground
arrow.
fg[PRELIGHT] = Font color for all selected buttons (roll over) except
ComboBox and ComboBoxEntry (only arrows), Also font color for all
rollover drop down menus.

text[ACTIVE] = Old highlighted font (like if you highlight text, and
then click on a different window, the text color and bg color will
change. This is for the text foreground font color for the base[active]
background color. (basically, "active" is like a folder that is opened
before opening the next folder which is base[selected] and
text[selected] )
text[PRELIGHT] = ComboBox and ComboBoxEntry font color.

engine "xfce"
{
smooth_edge = true
grip_style = slide
boxfill
{
fill_style = gradient # this I changed from a fill_style = plain, to
gradient so I could have gradient roll-
orientation = vertical # over, drop down menus in Firefox, and other
menus. I chose orientation = vertical
shade_start = 1.24 # to force the menus to match the tool bars. try
"auto" and see if you like it.
shade_end = 0.83 # it will draw the gradient sideways. Also mess with
the percentage numbers for
} # your own style.
}
}

widget_class "*List*" style "colored"
class "*List*" style "colored"
widget_class "*Text*" style "colored"
class "*Text*" style "colored"
widget_class "*Entry*" style "colored"
class "*Entry*" style "colored"

# And now a new style starts for menubar

style "menubar" = "colored"
{
xthickness = 0 # I changed this from 2 to 0 to change size of the
dividing lines between the icons on the menu bar. Play around with this
for your own preference.
ythickness = 0 # I changed this from 2 to 0 to erase the dividing line
between the menu bar and the tool bar. Play around with this for your
own preference.

engine "xfce"
{
smooth_edge = true
grip_style = slide
boxfill
{
fill_style = gradient # I changed the fill style to gradient and added
the percentages.
orientation = auto
shade_start = 0.80 # This is the very top of your menubar, 0.80 is a
darker gradient, 1.20 is a lighter gradient
shade_end = 0.90 # This is the bottom of the menubar, 0.90 is the exact
color of the top of the toolbar...also 1.10 would be the same if you
made it lighter...
}
}
}

widget_class "*BonoboDockItem" style "menubar"
class "*BonoboDockItem" style "menubar"
widget_class "*HandleBox" style "menubar"
class "*HandleBox" style "menubar"
widget_class "*ToolBar" style "menubar"
class "*ToolBar" style "menubar"
widget_class "*MenuBar" style "menubar"
class "*MenuBar" style "menubar"

style "menuitem" = "colored"
{
xthickness = 2 # Play around with this for your own preference.
ythickness = 2 # Play around with this for your own preference.

engine "xfce"
{
smooth_edge = true
grip_style = slide
boxfill
{
fill_style = gradient
orientation = auto
shade_start = 1.73 # I have changed the percentage and flipped it to
create a different look in the drop down menus. Play around with this
for your own preference.
shade_end = 0.83 # I have changed the percentage and flipped it to
create a different look in the drop down menus. Play around with this
for your own preference.
}
}
}

widget_class "*MenuItem*" style "menuitem"
class "*MenuItem*" style "menuitem"

style "scrollbar" = "default"
{
xthickness = 0 # I changed this from 2 to 0 to change the space divider
between the scroll bar slider, and the scroll arrows. 0 is no space.
Play around with this for your own preference.
ythickness = 1 # I changed this from 2 to 1 to change the way the
progress looks in the Firefox tabs. It's wider. Play around with this
for your own preference.
engine "xfce"
{
smooth_edge = true
grip_style = slide
boxfill
{
fill_style = gradient
orientation = auto
shade_start = 1.73 # I have changed the percentage and flipped it to
create a different "bubbled out" look in the scroll bar. Play around
with this for your own preference.
shade_end = 0.60 # I have changed the percentage and flipped it to
create a different "bubbled out" look in the scroll bar. Play around
with this for your own preference.
}
}
}
widget_class "*Scrollbar*" style "scrollbar"
class "*Scrollbar*" style "scrollbar"
widget_class "*GtkProgress*" style "scrollbar"
class "*GtkProgress*" style "scrollbar"

style "button" = "colored"
{
xthickness = 4 # I changed this from 3 to 4 to make my buttons wider
ythickness = 4 # I changed this from 3 to 4 to make my buttons longer.

engine "xfce"
{
smooth_edge = true
grip_style = slide
boxfill
{
fill_style = gradient
orientation = vertical
shade_start = 1.92 # I have changed the percentage and flipped it to
create a different "bubbled out" look
shade_end = 0.82 # I have changed the percentage and flipped it to
create a different "bubbled out" look
}
}
}
widget_class "*Button*" style "button"
class "*Button*" style "button"
widget_class "*button*" style "button"
class "*button*" style "button"
widget_class "*Togglebutton*" style "button"
class "*Togglebutton*" style "button"
widget_class "*togglebutton*" style "button"
class "*togglebutton*" style "button"
widget_class "*OptionMenu*" style "button"
class "*OptionMenu*" style "button"
widget_class "*Tree*" style "button"
class "*Tree*" style "button"
widget_class "*GtkScale*" style "button"
class "*GtkScale*" style "button"

widget_class "*CheckButton*" style "default"
class "*CheckButton*" style "default"
widget_class "*RadioButton*" style "default"
class "*RadioButton*" style "default"

# OK I removed the rox filer part since I don't have it installed.

# This is for the window borders (xfwm4 & metacity)
#
style "titlebar" = "default"
{
bg[SELECTED] = color for opened window frame (window in front of
windows)
fg[SELECTED] = color of titlebar text on open frame (window in front of
windows)
bg[INSENSITIVE] = color for non-opened window frame (windows behind the
open window)
fg[INSENSITIVE] = color of titlebar text on non-open frame (windows
behind the open window)
}

widget "xfwm" style "titlebar"
class "MetaFrames" style "titlebar"
widget_class "MetaFrames" style "titlebar"

# I removed this part so it doesn't use the rodent yellow "X" close
button and menu icons: (include "/usr/share/icons/Rodent/iconrc-png")
That way it uses all of the icons from my different icon packs for the
close buttons...and other buttons.

From: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=377397

Pedro José Pezzarini