Re: Using normal links instead of a GET request in a form

On Jan 28, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Roshan George wrote:

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 12:37 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
Can you explain a little more? There are no longer individual pages for
themes, so I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Thomas,

I have written a Greasemonkey script¹ to demonstrate.

Here are two screenshots illustrating the difference between what I
thought would be more useful² and what the current layout is³.
Essentially, I think it would be a better idea to have the list of
different image sizes for wallpaper displayed as links rather than as a
drop-down box to select from. This allows me to choose more than one
wallpaper to download at a time, rather than having to hit go, save an
image and then come back and pick another image.

¹ http://www.arjie.com/mini/uploads/art-gnome-fix.user.js
² http://tinyurl.com/bvjgov
³ http://tinyurl.com/dd7ftn

Ah, I see what you mean now, although the combo boxes are only used on the background pages, where there are more than one download per item. As you can see from using your script, the layout becomes a bit ugly when there are more and more download items. Personally I would have preferred some javascript to reveal a list of links and further info when you hover over an item, but sadly my javascript/html skills where not up to the job. If you fancy having a go, by all means let me know and I will see if I can integrate it.

Regards,

Thomas