Re: Please help create/refine artworks for alternative icons

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Benjamin Berg <benjamin sipsolutions net> wrote:

> This is not really the correct list (this list is about the
> art.gnome.org website). Replying also to gnome-themes-list which should
> be more appropriate.

Sorry. And Thanks for redirecting it.

> On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 14:42 +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:

>> Some ideas have been proposed for the alternative logo:
>> - gnome head
>> - gnome hat
>> - flower
>>
>> (The OK hand sign is out, as it's considered offensive in Latin
>> America.)
>
> I did not follow the discussion on gnome-i18n, but could you explain
> further? Is the Foot logo considered offensive in Latin America?

No. I suppose countries in South East Asia, and probably South
Asia as well, have this issue. But only Thailand and Lao have
confirmed this so far. And Nepal is said to have this issue as well,
according to Wikipedia.