Re: GUADEC Theming API meeting minutes

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:42 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a summary of the issues discussed and the roadmap about a new
> theming API for Gtk+ at GUADEC:
>

> Roadmap:
>   * Create a CSS engine to play with it and see how far can we go with
> flexibility in the artist side (Andreas to make mockups of the new
> syntax and figure out how to implement it afterwards)

I hope this will include being able to specify sizes/spacing relative to
font height and x-height, em and ex?

Oh, and spacing between widgets shouldn't be a fixed part of layout. It
should all be defined in themes. No more studying the HIG and manual
labour to get that right. 100% consistency and flexibility instead.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/