svg icons again

I've recently noticed that a lot of the svg icons that are shipped in
our software are very bloated.
Bloated svgs not only eat disk space (which is a problem on live cds),
they also cause unnecessary
overhead every time they have to be rendered.

I've asked the fedora art team for help, and Nicu gave some nice tips:
http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2008/01/unbloat-your-inkscape-made-svgs.html

Running inkscape --vacuum-defs --export-plain-svg over the
Tango/scalable tree, I see
a size reduction from 12M to 8.5M, which is a remarkable 30% space
win. It would be great
to see this applied not only to Tango, but to all the svgs that we ship.

Matthias