GDM theming

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Sean and I'm working with the gnome art team in regards to art, backgrounds and ideas.

Obviously it's to late now but the whole smoother transition thing we talked about in gnome-art, My idea was to create consistent artwork from GDM---->Splash Screen--->Desktop and may extend to artwork in games(i.e like AisleRiot card backs)

Is it the case now that the background for the GDM will stay on throughout the session loading?

I'll be sad to see theming go and so will alot of others making GDM no fun in regards to theming, how flexible is the window with GTK+ be in that regard?

Heres some ideas and real working GDM's, this sort of thing will be not possible anymore then?

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/SuseUX/GDMIdeas

Regards SeanW