Re: some info on gdm 2.22 theming

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 09:13 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> I spoke to one of the GDM developers recently and asked exactly the
> same question. Basically the greeter theming ability has been removed,
> partly to do with accessibility problems, but also to do with lack of
> performance and features too.

And just to clarify, this was the answer Jon McCann gave me,

"no a11y support, gnomecanvas sucks, very limited, doesn't take
advantage of compositing manager,
"doesn't follow default themes
"one of the main ideas with this greeter is to make the transition to
the session as smooth as possible"

Regards,

Thomas