Re: 2.22 roadmap?

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 16:47 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:52:22 +0100
> Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 18:02 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> >
> > > The questions we need to answer is basically:
> > > * What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next 4 months, before feature
> > > and UI freezes)?
> >
> > - Remove the Low Contrast icons; the (Sun) a11y team have agreed to
> > this in principle, need to get wider consensus before finalising
> > though. Perhaps also investigate providing a low contrast engine that
> > can do some of the same stuff on the fly, e.g. colourisation of
> > toolbar icons.
>
> Toolbar icons should be easy, as well as menu items (probably). Not
> sure if the Nautilus icons are drawn through GTK+ style functions or
> not. Nautilus already prelights icons anyway - does that affect
> usability for low contrast users?

Not that I've heard of.  Part of the problem is we're not sure we
actually have any low contrast users at all at the moment, though, which
is why I've asked the a11y folks if they'd object to us streamlining
things a bit by stripping out the highest maintenance part (the icon
theme).  It would also close a ton of missing icon bugs, of course :)

Cheeri,
Calum.