Re: 2.22 roadmap?

Il giorno gio, 04/10/2007 alle 18.02 +0200, Andreas Nilsson ha scritto:
> Hi all!

Well, I don't maintain any module, but here is my personal list of stuff
I'll do (or I'll try to do, or I'll suggest).

> The questions we need to answer is basically:
> * What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next 4 months, before feature and
> UI freezes)?

      * Kill LargePrint icon theme
      * Add support for placeholder icons (see bug 451878)
      * Add .pc files for a11y themes, so applications can install their
        own a11y icons (providing a custom pkg-config key, like epiphany
        does for extensions)
      * Fix canvas in available HighContrast-SVG icons

> * What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next year)?

Any of previous, if yet pending

> * Do you have plans for a future release?

A little more 3D-ish folder icon in gnome-icon-theme

> * Do you have any goals from 2.20 that were not achieved? Why?

Finish HighContrast-SVG. Reason: no good inspirations, sorry :-(

> * Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?

      * Better panel ~ windows ~ applications relationship (any reason
        to have one icon to launch, one button to manage window, one
        tray icon to see status? I'm living an identity crisis: I'm
        starting to believe that MacOS approach [unique menubar + dock]
        could be good)
      * Review file-chooser dialog appearance (well, enhance current
        behavior and layout is really good IMHO)
      * GtkDialog default values for border and inner spacing should
        respect HIG