Gtk theme engine questions

Hi,

It seems this mailing list is pretty quiet, but hopefully someone
reads this who can answer my questions or help point me in the right
direction.

I've been working on a gtk theme engine for a while, and while it's
nearing completion, there are three more things I would like to theme
if possible:

1. Gnome panel background
Many themes use an image for the panel background, but I would like to
take advantage of theming the panel in the theme engine itself so that
the background can scale appropriately to the panel size.  However, I
haven't been able to figure out how this can be done or if it can be
done, if anyone knows anything  about how or if this is possible
please let me know.

2. GtkColorButton color rectangle
Is it possible to theme the colour rectangle portion of a
GtkColorButton (ie the part that is drawn in the GtkDrawingArea)?
What I would like to do is draw a squiggly line like someone would
draw to test the colour of a crayon or coloured pencil.  Now if it's
not possible to change the content that is drawn on the GtkDrawingArea
is it possible to prevent/hide the drawing of the GtkDrawingArea?  In
which case I can cheat and draw the colour sample on the button or
frame instead.  A little mockup to help my explanation is at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ECHM2007/GtkTheme

3. Gnome panel window list buttons
For the wnck tasklist, what I would like to know is:   if given the
button that is drawn, for its window can we find out whether that
window is minimized?  That way I can draw the buttons for minimized
windows differently.

Any help with these questions would be appreciated.
Some screenshots are available at

http://picasaweb.google.com/ECHM2007/GtkTheme

that show the current appearance of the theme for general interest
(and in the hope of getting a few early testers).  If anyone is
interested in helping, by providing some feedback of any kind
(appearance, bugs, performance, etc.), let me know and I can send you
the theme for testing.

Thanks,
Eric