Re: Clearlooks 2

2006/1/5, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>:
> >       * take a look here[2] for Clearlooks 3 :-)
>
> You raise an important point about usability with the buttons. I have
> never liked Clearlooks metacity buttons because they are difficult to
> distinguish from the rest of the title bar (they use the same colour). I
> like the Tango mockup because the buttons are clearly visible and
> distinguishable. Is it possible we could do anything like this Clearlooks
> metacity?

I don't know, that always looks rather cheesy to me. The titlebar
icons are already the easiest to memorize and some of the least
important (since they are not necessary to do anything). We do not
color other buttons in bright blue, so why should we color the
titlebar buttons in a different color (unless it looks good)? I agree
that buttons in Clearlooks1 lacked a bit of distinction, but I hope
that's better in Clearlooks2 thanks to the light inner outline and the
stronger contrast on the buttons, which is the main reason why I made
them as shiny as they are.

Daniel