Re: Clearlooks 2

Il giorno gio, 05/01/2006 alle 00.59 +0100, Daniel Borgmann ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> as you might have noticed, the clearlooks metacity theme got a
> complete revamp[1]. I would like to commit this to CVS, but I'm asking
> here first since it is practically a new theme and would affect the
> default look of GNOME 2.14. It goes well with clearlooks-cairo and I
> think that both together should make for a nice visual update. Any
> objections?

No, I'm happy to see a theme growing up. Just a couple of suggestions:
      * IMHO gradient in buttons should be vertically flipped when
        pressed (see attached screenshot). Moreover, but I'm not sure, I
        suspect that the gradient in the bottom half of the button
        should go from a lighter (top) to a darker (bottom) color (see
        this[1] MS screenshot)
      * It could be interesting (and maybe useful for someone) provide a
        "Clearlook 1" via art.gnome.org (gtk color scheme + metacity
        theme)
      * take a look here[2] for Clearlooks 3 :-)

> In the latest version I switched to small pixmaps for the button
> icons, since drawing the outlined X with metacity drawing ops turned
> out extremely impractical to say the least. The difference shouldn't
> be noticeable at most sizes and it's actually a bit faster. I would
> like to make them scalable again once metacity supports vector drawing
> ops.

But, metacity should supports SVG...

[1] http://winsupersite.com/images/reviews/msn_wds_15.jpg
[2] http://tango-project.org/Mockups