Re: [NEW ICONS] video-display

On 15 Feb 2006, at 4:56 pm, Calum Benson wrote:

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:38 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
Il giorno mer, 15/02/2006 alle 08.06 +0000, Thomas Wood ha scritto:

If we are changing the style of the icon theme, are we going to
re-write the appropriate section of the HIG that defines icon style?

We could simply replace the section with

        See http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines

Yeah, I said a while back that I'd be happy to adapt the Tango
guidelines for the HIG once it became clear that it was the right thing
to do-- not everyone was too enamoured with the Tango concept at first.
It seems to be quietly making its way onto the desktop anyway though :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

If we're going to adopt the tango style guidelines, then do we even need our own icon theme? Why not just use tango...?

Personally, I'd like to see GNOME have it's own distinctive style, but I can't see how we could achieve this if we are adopting tango's style.

-Thomas