Re: Translucency

Again, this is not a question of themeing.  At this point in time (and
likely any time during the 2.x series of GTK+), there is no capability
to theme inter-window translucency of any kind using GTK+ -- this
includes for menus, as they are in actuality separate (popup) windows
related to their parents.

As far as I know, window translucency is not a priority, either.  The
options for programming it include some rather ugly and difficult to
achieve hacks using the Render extension (as per KDE), or to use the
Composite extension and ARGB visuals available in the KDrive and XOrg
servers, both of which would require substantial reprogramming of GTK+
and GDK.

There was a patch available some time ago (I think it was way back in
the 1.4 days) that hacked the toolkit up to allow for some interesting
menu effects, though I seriously doubt it works with the current
version.

	fudje