Yet Another Theme Mockup

Hi,

I was playing around with a mockup and now I am wondering whether there
is a way to actually have GTK2 draw that thing ;).

http://debain.org/stuff/mockup.png

I am trying to do that without using the pixmap engine. (Well, except
for the buttons, which would still need to be taken from a pixmap).
Using (though unfinished) the pixmap engine this was /really/ slow, that
is like >1 second to switch between notebook tabs.

There is a homoeopathic amount of gradient at all backgrounds.
Another particularly important thing is the notebook's drop-shadow and
the treeview's in-shadow. Is there a way to do this without the
pixmap-engine?

Thirdly, is there a way to have GTK draw the notebook tabs with only the
leftmost and rightmost tabs rounded?

Then, is it possible to draw the rounded listview/notebook corners?

And finally, is there a way to draw a continuous background across a
window like this?:

http://debain.org/stuff/mockup2.png

Thanks,
-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |