Re: [MOCHUP] Alert and error stock icons

Il giorno mer, 17-11-2004 alle 17:32 +0000, Calum Benson ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 18:54, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'll search on the Net about street signs all over the world
>
> http://www.intlsigns.com/world/traffic/ is a good one...
>
> Actually, "STOP" is kind of a peculiarity-- it does appear on signs in
> many (mostly European) countries that don't list English amongst their
> official languages.
>
> I'd agree that it's probably still better to avoid it if possible,
> though.

     Role             Shape           Color         Emblem
----------------+---------------+---------------+---------------
Error           |hexagon        |red            | x
Warning         |triangle       |orange         | !
Info            |circle         |blue           | i[1]
Question        |square?        |grey?          | ?

Sparse notes
      * error vs gtk-stop (see attachments, simply scaled down from
        48x48) :-( [1]
      * Some of those are yet available in yelp, but with a slight
        different role.
      * Other systems/OS should yet use a similar schema (especially for
        error, warning, info; for example KDE: see messagebox_*.png
        icons)
      * other?

[1] or maybe a light bulb white shape.
[2] maybe something like the alt icon attached?
--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>