Re: Gnome Theme Engines

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 16:30, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> As mentioned in the other thread, in an effort to clean up the
> gnome-theme dependency chain, and provide a centralized location for the
> most important theme engines too be installed by default in any GNOME
> install; and given that gtk-engines is not available, I would like to
> see a new module in place in time for GNOME 2.10, which means any
> decision needs to be made NOW if there is any hope of it getting
> accepted. Especially given that there is nothing in cvs yet, and
> gnome-themes and gnome-themes extras would also have to be patched and
> cleaned up accordingly.
>
> I have tried to make this as simple as possible for everyone by creating
> a module which could potentially simply be dropped into CVS, and can
> make a patch for gnome-themes and gnome-themes-extras as well if I can
> get someone to go ahead with this.
>
> http://ajgenius.us/Code/gnome-theme-engines.tar.gz
>
> For this to happen, I need either a yea or nay from at the least Calum
> who seems to be the primary maintainer of gnome-themes where most of the
> engines are currently located

I don't have any particular objection in principle, anything that makes gnome-themes easier to maintain gets my vote :)  Cc'ing Bill in case he has any concerns over the accessibility themes[1] with such a scheme, but I can't think of any off-hand.

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] Which were, lest we forget, the reason gnome-themes was created in the first place...

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group