Gnome Theme Engines

As mentioned in the other thread, in an effort to clean up the
gnome-theme dependency chain, and provide a centralized location for the
most important theme engines too be installed by default in any GNOME
install; and given that gtk-engines is not available, I would like to
see a new module in place in time for GNOME 2.10, which means any
decision needs to be made NOW if there is any hope of it getting
accepted. Especially given that there is nothing in cvs yet, and
gnome-themes and gnome-themes extras would also have to be patched and
cleaned up accordingly.

I have tried to make this as simple as possible for everyone by creating
a module which could potentially simply be dropped into CVS, and can
make a patch for gnome-themes and gnome-themes-extras as well if I can
get someone to go ahead with this.

http://ajgenius.us/Code/gnome-theme-engines.tar.gz

For this to happen, I need either a yea or nay from at the least Calum
who seems to be the primary maintainer of gnome-themes where most of the
engines are currently located, and from someone who has cvs access, can
commit this to CVS and is willing to become the maintainer for it.

Please people, if this is a bad idea, shoot it down, but comments and
soon please so I know whether to abandon this as a lost cause.

--
Andrew Johnson <ajgenius ajgenius us>