Re: background tiles

On gio, 2003-09-11 at 14:57 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 13:45, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > I belive we need a tool to "preview" them usig a bg color, but it needs
> > a lot of code.
>
> The rewrite I'm currently doing of the wallpaper cappplet will generate
> thumbnails by compositing a pixbuf of the wallpaper thumbnail, over top
> the pixbuf of the background color(s).

This is a good idea, but, following a Calumn's idea, I don't think that
a desktop background only tool is a good idea.

First I hope d-bd management will be preformed via themes. But just as
basic feature ("Apply this suggested bg?").

Second I belive that, 'cause desktop is just a special folder (note that
you have ~/Desktop now), it should be managed using the same (or at
least similar) UI then normal folder.

[ BTW do the ~/Desktop folder bg in nautilus have to be the same then
desktop one? ]

This was the main idea under glade mochup posted here from Sisob (or
sisob? :-)). The second idea was to use a same backend for all bg
setting request: something like current nautilus tool, you don't access
directly to filesystem, but to a "bgs library".

The code to do this is already in nautilus. Just we need a better,
eventually expandible, HIGfied UI.

Oh, just a personal note: I don't think we need a preview (like in
current d-bg tool, I mean). We have autoapply! Thanks GConf.

--
Think bigger

			My uncle