Re: background tiles

On mer, 2003-09-03 at 21:26 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 19:16, Lapo Calamandrei wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started uploading tiles on www.it.gnome.org/~bat/tiles, please check
> > them out and see if you can use them.
>
> They're pretty decent. One suggestion - maybe it would make sense for
> the tiles not to be opaque. If you just did an overlay 'texture' the
> user could define its own colors of thye background/gradient etc.

Yeah, very cool idea, BUT did you try to manage transparent tiles with
current interfaces (gnome-background capplet or nautilus' d'n'd)?

You can distinguish them only by names!!! Plus using nautilus the bg
color became white #-(

I belive we need a tool to "preview" them usig a bg color, but it needs
a lot of code.

More info about my ideas in next mails. BTW yes, I'm back. A big hello
to everyone.

--
Think bigger

			My uncle