Re: gnome-devel.png

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 13:20, Francis Whittle wrote:
> I agree with you on the hammer metaphor (Besides, that's the wrong sort
> of hammer).

Wrong? why? I mean: it's like the hammer used for nails, don't a stone
breaker's hammer.

Yeah, it's a little Super Deformed like Gundam toys...

> The 'triangle tool', btw is a trowel - Used by bricklayers and masons
> alike for spreading mortar on bricks (and, incidentally, gardeners -
> but totally the wrong way and a slightly different tool that's really a
> spade).  I thought this was a good metaphor and fit the bill nicely but
> clearly there's a problem if even its symbol is unclear.

The trowel is a 'more building' tool, but I think it's a mess in a top
vier, something like:

   ^
  / \
 /   \
/__N__\

But I'll try to GIMPing it.

> I don't think a lego brick is a good idea (We don't want a patented
> object on out gnome desktops now do we?)

;-) Besides the old lovely squared brick should be dead.

> Possibly a half-built house? (That may require too much detail...)

Mess this Bless!

Any idea from Macs?

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>