Re: [PROPOSAL] gnome-fs-regular

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 13:13, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Changes:
>       * it's 48x48, don't 48x52 (note that currently we have 48x48
>         folders)

Yeah. that was a silly thing to introduce.

>       * shadow (should) follows the table prospective

That makes little sense to me. A paper would rarely stand up like that
and looks a little weird to me. I'd revert to the simple dropshadow
thing.

>       * no tray holes (are they needed?)

Against the HIG I always thought adding detail is good. Maybe it's not.

>       * same ratio then GTK_STOK_OPEN (little ear)

> Troubles:
>       * we need to rebuild all mime icons using this one as base
>         (removing extension label as HIG said?)

Because we'll be redoing all this, I'd rather go for doing 32x32
mime-emblems, and use imagemagick or something to overlay it on a
document base, eventually having nautilus do that. I'll think about it
and start doing that and file appropriate bugs.

> To use a 48x52 icon is an HIG violation? If don't should we build a
> 48x52 folder icon?

Tuomas introduced the weird size because the text label (another bad
decision) wouldn't fit. It should be 48x48.

tada!

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>