Re: Emblems Proposal

Il mar, 2003-06-17 alle 23:03, Francesco Marletta ha scritto:

> > >  - for "International" (good idea) i think that the ONU flag woul be
> > > better (for a lot of reasons)
> > >

> > mmhh It's copyrighted/patented/other... ?
>
> I think no, but I'll investigate (by the way: the other flags are maybe
> copyrighted/patented/other ?)

Hey, it was a joke.... I hope....

> > >  - for "manual" I think that an icon showing a book would be better
> > >  than
> > > the yelp or the "?" icons
> > >

> > attached one is used in xd2 for Dictionary app, it need to be
> > recolored.
>
> do you refer to the gdict.png image? If the answer is yes then let me
> say that I'm yet trying to understand what it represent

It's a book vertically posed, using a piece of Union Jack flag

> > >  - the current "package" icon is much better the the proposed new
> > >  one
> > >

> > But the current one uses wrong prospective, if we want follow HIG.
> > Besides, yes, the current one has a better "icon concept"
>
> so what's the problem? take the best from both: use a correct
> prospective on the current icon

No problem. Just someone should works on it.

> > >  - computer: the second is better
> > >

> > I'm building something inspired to attached network icon
>
> why the attach to the network?

'cause attached one was not ready. But I don't like it so much; it's a
quick draw, i like to make it more roundish like previous network icon.

BTW it should be the same icon to use in Application -> System