Re: Emblems Proposal

il 14 Jun 2003 20:49:19 +0100
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net> ha scritto:

> Luca and I have put together this proposal for improving
> gnome's emblems. It's not quite perfectly finished, but
> we'd love some comments.
>
> http://xsu.sf.net/proposal.html

Commento on the new emblems proposal:

 - document: cool, much better than the previous

 - web: the new globe is better than the current one that, IMHO, is too
much cloudy

 - for the no-read, no-write, symlynk trio, I think that the smallest
are better, but for the no-read i prefer the first image (the broken
glasses) since the x on the square is too much associated with the close
action

 - the othet icons (for replacing) are really cute, much moer better
than current ones.

 - i think that the "draft" icon is not clear (when I see that icon i
don't understand what it mean)

 - for the "urgent" icons, I think the first one is better (the one with
the red border)

 - for the "pictures" icon, the new [proposed] versione is cleaner, but
I prefer the current look (the two photos one above the other with the
top one rotated a bit)

 - the "graphics" icon, which kind of document should represent? surely
is better to have a spreadsheet icon

 - the "multimedia" icons I prefer is the first

 - for generic files, the second one is better (the first let me think
that there are text files, due to the "row" in the icon)

 - for "International" (good idea) i think that the ONU flag woul be
better (for a lot of reasons)

 - for the "camera" icon I think that both the current one and the
proposed versione are good

 - fo "backup" the third icon is decisely the one to choose

 - for "manual" I think that an icon showing a book would be better than
the yelp or the "?" icons

 - the current "package" icon is much better the the proposed new one

 - computer: the second is better

Francesco
 - oh for the other icons to add