Question about theme proposal

Hello themers -

I have a question about the theme proposal over at
gnome.labs.redhat.com/themes.shtml.

Regarding the final option to add for stage 1 themeability, how would the
mouseover prelighting be handled? Some sort of mask over the pixmap, or
using the hilighting color? Would that require another pixmap? Also, when
the button is pressed, what does the button look like? Does the pixmap just
move down and right a little, or would you need another pixmap to show the
"down" state? Along those lines, would a toggle button require four
pixmaps? Button up, button up with highlight, button down, & button down
with highlight is what I mean.

I really like the "borders" concept in the first option. This is my biggest
prob with the current E. I hate having to make all those tiny little
pixmaps for the window corners and on the sides of the titlebar. These
borders would solve that so nicely. :)

M.Watson redline at pdq dot net