Re: Question about theme proposal

On 27 Jan, Max Watson shouted:
->  Hello themers -
->
->  I have a question about the theme proposal over at
->  gnome.labs.redhat.com/themes.shtml.
->
->  Regarding the final option to add for stage 1 themeability, how would the
->  mouseover prelighting be handled? Some sort of mask over the pixmap, or
->  using the hilighting color? Would that require another pixmap? Also, when
->  the button is pressed, what does the button look like? Does the pixmap just
->  move down and right a little, or would you need another pixmap to show the
->  "down" state? Along those lines, would a toggle button require four
->  pixmaps? Button up, button up with highlight, button down, & button down
->  with highlight is what I mean.

Basically yes. there would be a "state table" whihc contains an
attribute table like this per state of the button (clicked,
mouseover/hilited etc.) either that state table can use the same pixmap
or change it, or not use a pixmap at all.

->  I really like the "borders" concept in the first option. This is my biggest
->  prob with the current E. I hate having to make all those tiny little
->  pixmaps for the window corners and on the sides of the titlebar. These
->  borders would solve that so nicely. :)

Infact that feature has been in imlib for a while now... just nobody
uses it... you need to use EIM format images (grab eimtools) to use it
in E currently as E doesn't allow the setting of the borders yet, but
the format will set them. I will point out that I am going to revamp
the EIM format soon as I believe it is rather inadequate.

->  M.Watson redline at pdq dot net
->
->
->