Re: Scroll bars.

> On 26 Jan, Shawn T. Amundson shouted:
> ->  On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 raster@redhat.com wrote:
[much snipped]
> Well the more images/pixmaps the theme uses, the more memory - but that
> is a user choice, so that cannot be gotten around.

That brings up a good question I've had for a while: for the size of the
files we're using here (ie I'm guessing they'll be on the order of the
window decorations for E), what's the preferred file format?  I'm familiar
with most of them, but not how they compare against each other.  I know
that jpg is lossy, gif is <256 colors, and png was supposed to be The
Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread(tm) (including alpha channels, which
the Xserver doesn't support), but which of the many is the best for gnome?

--
                                                               Urmane Hendrake
"Apology accepted, Captain Piett."                             aka Jim Niemira