Re: Stop installing/updating apps in parallel

On 11 January 2018 at 09:56, Joaquim Rocha <jrocha endlessm com> wrote:
I am sending this to the list to get others' opinions as this changes part
of the basic behavior we have right now. And it should not be so trivial to
implement either, so if we can avoid keeping both behaviors (i.e. dropping
the parallel installation altogether) it'd be better.

I think we have to support one or the other. Architecturally, we can
either do this in a few different ways:

 * In the plugin loader to serialize the GsApp during Install
 * In the flatpak plugin directly
 * Have a scheduler object that we can offload the queue out of the
plugin loader
 * Just mark apps install buttons as insensitive until the current app
has finished installing
 * Use the "pending" queue to do this

I do think it has to be architecturally simple, and it certainly needs tests.

Richard