Handling remotely served icons

Hi all,

In trying to implement showing popular apps with the snap plugin I've run into an issue regarding icons for GsApps.

Showing the popular apps takes a long time because:
a) G-S waits until all the icons are loaded before showing anything.
b) G-S loads icons for all popular apps (even though it only shows nine of them).

Unless you happen to have that particular snap installed each icon needs to be downloaded from the snap server.

What do people think about the following changes to how G-S handles icons:
- Icons should be refined at a second stage and only when they're needed to be displayed.
- Icons should be able to be loaded in the background, so each app can show when its icon is ready. We would have a spinner for icons that are loading.

--Robert