Introduction: Julian Sparber

Hi everybody,

I have been a GNOME user for a long time, but I never had enough courage to actually contribute code upstream. That changed last summer when I went to GUADEC. I immediately fell in love with the GNOME community and started contributing, my only goal was to get my membership. I got it in November 2017, Eureka! I'm doing right now my master degree in computer science in Bologna (Italy). I started contributing to Fractal few months ago, long before I decided I will do GSoC. So since I was already a contributor it was easy to submit a application. Whats Fractal? A really cool Matrix client written in GTK and Rust.

If I had to describe myself I would say I'm a creative person who like to solve problems, in other words I'm really creative in resolving problems.

My blog is https://blogs.gnome.org/jspar ber, wikipage https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2018/Projects/JulianSparber_Fractal and my webpage is https://juliansparber.com
And you can find my on Matrix @iamjsparber

Cheers,
Julian Sparber