Re: Lightning talks at GUADEC

Hey,

I'd like to give it a shot too! As you said, it probably will be a great learning experience :)

Razvan Chitu

On 07/19/2016 02:02 PM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
Hey,

Another reminder about the lightning talk session. If your name isn't on
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2016/Talks/Interns yet and you are
planning to participate to the session, please let me know.

If you are hesitant because English is not your first language/because
you are not used to do public presentation/for any reasons, don't worry
and step up :) A lightning talk is very short (just a few minutes!), and
can be prepared/rehearsed in advance, so it's a very good setup for a
first presentation. And it's also a great learning experience.

I'll send more details about how the session will happen exactly, but
each talk will be a few minutes long, and you can find the slides from
past years (you only need a few) at
https://people.gnome.org/~teuf/talks/guadec/ and
https://gitlab.com/sils/guadec-gsoc-presentations/tree/master

If you have any questions/concerns/..., just get in touch!

Christophe