Introduction - RAW developer integration for F-Spot

Hello all,
My name is Camilo Polymeris (cpolymeris), undergraduate student in ConcepciĆ³n, Chile and amateur pghotographer. I am very happy to have been accepted into GSoC 2013. This is my third consecutive year in the program, but my first time with GNOME. I am looking forward to being part of this community.
My proposal is publicily available at: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/polymeris/29003
Basically it involves implementing a feature I think is crucial of many photographer's workflow. As you probably know, F-Spot is specialized in managing and sharing your photographs, but offers only basic edition options. More advanced digital photographers usually work with so-called "raw" files, which contain all the data the camera's sensor registered, and edit those in a process called "raw development". There are several programs that offer tools for this purpose, but none of them offer the managment features of F-Spot and its user-friendliness. So, following the time-honored UNIX tradition of one task one tool, my goal is to make it easier for F-Spot users to export to these programs and transparently import the developed while keeping them organized as photo "versions".

In case you are interested in this project, I will be publishing progress on the blog I have set up for this purpose: http://polymeris.github.com

Any comments or suggestions are, of course, very welcome.

Regards, and best luck with your projects, fellow students.
Camilo