Introduction - Maps trip planning

Hi all!

My name is Mattias Bengtsson and I just got accepted for Google Summer of Code to work on trip planning in Maps[1].
The project is about implementing the current designs[2] on trip planning in GNOME Maps (both fastest route and public transportation). This will most likely mean using OSRM[3] for fastest route and custom plugins for public transportation.

I'm a long time GNOME and Open Source enthusiast with an interest in maps and open data. I hang out in #gnome-maps (and many other channels) on irc.gnome.org under the handle mattiasb. Please say hi!

1: https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects/MattiasBengtsson_TripPlanning
2: https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Maps
3: http://project-osrm.org/