Student Self-Introduction

Hi everyone!
I'm currently a student at Birla Institute of Technology and Science - Pilani, India. I'm interested in participating in GSoC-2013, and would like to contribute to GNOME project. It would be great if someone can provide me something to start working on.

Here are some details about me:

Education: In my first year, pursuing Electronics Engineering
Programming Skills: Comfortable in Python, Java and C. I've programmed GUIs using Qt and Swing.
GNOME Fields of Interest: I'd like to work on-
1. Auditing the RSS memory usage of GNOME core libraries and then integrating that to the gnome-system-monitor
2. Making libnotify accessible to applications for their own use

Thanks.