Re: [gnome-love] Implementing idea for GSoC 2013 - Transfers App

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM, M.S. Suraj <mssurajkaiga gmail com> wrote:
I hadn't gone throught TaskView before (probably missed the link), but after
going through its API, can't most of the objectives of Transfers like file
transfers, downloads be obtained by using TaskView's integration patches in
desired applications?

I had missed TaskView completely as well. Seem there is certainly
stuff from there that could be re-used in this project. Having said
that, you need to look at the D-Bus API to be sure.

I saw your proposal and one issue that I see is that you have not even
mentioned the issue we discussed here and is on the wikipage. If could
you please update your proposal, taking into account this whole
discussion and describe how you'll handle transfer of state/cookies
from app (especially browser) to the service, that would be nice.

Also, are you really sure about RPC API? That sounds cool but is that
actually desired? I think it'll take a lot of time to get rest of the
things implemented in time and integrate Transfers with existing apps.
I seriously doubt you'll have time to add extra stuff like this one.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124