Introducing Gursimran singh (simar on IRC)

Hello introducing myself,

I'm Gursimran singh 4th year undergraduate at Thapar University, Patiala. I'm glad to hear that Gnome is participating in GSoC. I had been contributing in ubuntu for about one and half years and trying to learn the internals of the package xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, despite only a few users in ubuntu contributing in this area. I have triaged and upstreamed bugs related to the package and (feels like) know the detailed architecture how the input subsystem fits in together with the linux kernel. I have mentored a couple of candidates for BugControl as well. Besides that I have contributed code in CLICompanion (Beginners team) fixed some bugs and added some functionality. I feel I have some beginners exposure of working in Gnome desktop applications and this opportunity will help me to integrate well in Gnome community as a contributor.

I had a look at the ideas page. I can comfortably use python and C. I have beginners experience with pyGTK GTK+. Besides that I can learn any new framework required for the project. The following projects seems interesting.

Boxes: Fill the gap with Vinagre
Archive integration
Add Musicbrainz support to EasyTAG
Porting color management in GNOME to Wayland
Gnome Tweak Tool UI Refresh

I have full determination to work in Gnome and would be thankful if community could suggest me how should I strengthen my application. I can try add some patches to bugs once the project finalizes.

Bugs - https://bugs.launchpad.net/~simar
Code - https://code.launchpad.net/~simar/+merges

Launchpad Details
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/simar