Idea for GSoC 2013

Hi,
 I'm Suraj, an engg. undergrad from India. I have an idea for developing an interactive application (particularly aimed at school and college students) that implements mathematical problem solving and graphing. I wish for the following features:

1. Simultaneous euation solving
2. Solving optimization problems
3. Matrix operations
4. Solving calculus based problems
5. Graphing for above functions
6. Integration with word processors for report generation

The primary feature would be to provide a good responsive GUI, with features like providing a system for user to input equations either using a graphical keyboard utility or asking them to enter notations which are displayed the way we write them usually, for ex. while inputing 'x^2 + y^2', the terms would automatically displayed in the input bar the way we write on paper( it can't be shown here).

There already exists libraries like SymPy that can be used to implement the necessary back-end for calculations.

--
With regards,

M S Suraj