Re: development of an software

Hi Kanika,

Even if you don't end up proposing this specific feature, you may want to look at Evolution (GNOME's email client). I don't see a mentor listed for Evolution on the GNOME mentor's wiki (https://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove/Mentors), though. The links to other organizations participating in OPW this round is here: https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/2013/JuneSeptember#Participating_Organizations. If you have more questions I would encourage you to ask in #soc (the Google Summer of Code channel), #OPW (Outreach Program for women channel) or the #gnome-love channel on irc.

Meg Ford

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Tobias Mueller <tobiasmue gnome org> wrote:
Hello Kanika,

On 01.04.2013 07:15, Kanika Singhal wrote:
> I want to develop an app which will show whether a mail sent by sender
> is seen or not by the receiver and the time at which it is read by the
> receiver.
Uh. What is this good for other than invading people's privacy?

> I want to contribute to outreach program for women and I m not
> getting which organisation will help me in this matter
I hope no organisation will help you tracking people. If there is indeed
a reason to pursue this "app", I suggest you come up with an actual idea
of how to make it happen, i.e. what technology you want to use. Based on
that, I feel it is easier to determine which organisation is best suited.

Cheers,
  Tobi