gcalctool parser Report #1

Hi,

As per my talks with my mentor, Robert Ancell, I have decided to break the whole code in 3 parts, naming pre-lexer, lexer and parser. And I am hosting my current code at https://bitbucket.org/PioneerAxon/math-parser, which I will eventually merge with the gcalctool code.

I have spent my first one and a half week, coding pre-lexer (using GLib). It is the component which will be dealing with all unichar operations. Pre-lexer will generate pre-tokens, which the lexer will be using, and with the help of regular expressions, it will generate tokens, which will be consumed by the parser to generate parse-tree, which eventually will be evaluated by the gcalctool. Phew.... ("Phew...." terminated, typeof(long string) sentence). :P

I have coded basic components of lexer, which aren't quite ready yet, hence not pushed onto git. Which makes my goal for next week to be, complete the lexer code, and integrate it with pre-lexer code. And start working on converting the parser grammer to LL(1) type of operator-precedence grammar (on paper).

Cheers.
--
Arth Patel
Vice Chairperson, ACM NIT-Surat.