Re: Student session at the Desktop Summit

Am 26.05.2011 17:04, schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le jeudi 26 mai 2011, à 16:46 +0200, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
This is a bit off-topic but I wanted to respond here:
Please try to make a talk at GUADEC. Usually the GSoC projects are
presented in form of lightning talks which is maximum ten minutes. This
is a really good excercise as nobody is there judging on you.

Lots of people talk there for the first time in front of a bigger
audience and not many people a born as great (english) speakers but be
sure that the GNOME community will take this into account and is
interested in what you present much more than whether your presentation
is stunning.

Other than that, most people (hi Andre, hi Vincent) usually create their
slides about 5 minutes before their talk so be sure your presentation
won't get negative attention ;)

Johannes is 100% right (well, except that I don't create slides 5
minutes before my talks -- it's usually 10-15 minutes before).

And on top of what was already mentioned, the other benefit of having a
lightning talk is that people can really put a face on your name, and
can then more easily come to you to discuss about the project you've
been working on.

Thanks for your supportive responses. I will certainly think about it. :)

Denis